5. The eye examination can detect health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes and brain tumours.
6. An eye examination checks if your eyesight needs correcting with spectacles.
7. Good quality vision means working and playing better and safer - in fact it means a better quality of life.
8. For young people, good eyesight is vital to learning. An eye examination can detect vision problems which may affect school performance.
9. Failing eyesight is often taken for granted as people get older, however by having an eye examination and remedying problems in eyesight, older people can improve their quality of life significantly.
10. Poor eyesight is dangerous. Are you sure you reach the legal requirements for driving?
1. You only have one pair of eyes. Once lost, eyesight cannot be replaced.
2. Unlike your teeth, your eyes do not usually hurt when something is wrong.
3. The eye examination can detect early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions so they can be treated.
4. The earlier a problem is detected the greater the chance of successful treatment. This is particularly true for young children and the elderly.